Dealing with the aftermath of a fire in your home in Knoxville, TN, can be devastating. If you have sustained severe damage, you want your place sanitized, including your belongings. You might even wonder if you should clean your electronics after a fire.
What Is Involved in Fire Cleanup?
Find a professional fire damage cleanup service to inspect and clean your home. There are many steps involved in properly removing soot and smoke damage from your house, so choose an experienced technician. Steps may include some or all of the following procedures:
- Cleaning Procedures – Professionals use several cleaning processes to clean soot and dirt, including wet and dry cleaning procedures. For tough stains, abrasive cleaning works well. Foam cleaning works best on surfaces that can’t be successfully restored using wet processes.
- Mold Inspection – Fire cleanup may also involve inspecting for mold. When water is used to quench a fire, mold can begin to form quickly. Your inspector will carefully check all surfaces and fixtures for mold. Visible mold is easy to spot, but even hidden mold can be found using proven technology.
- Mold Containment and Cleaning – Once the mold is detected, it can be contained with a special negative air chamber that uses negative air pressure. Air filtration scrubbers and special vacuums capture the mold spores. Antimicrobial applications remove the mold and prevent further mold colonies from growing.
Should Your Electronics be Cleaned After Fire Damage?
Electronics that have been damaged by fire and smoke present a unique problem. It’s important not to turn on any electronic equipment that may have been damaged. Acids caused by smoke are especially detrimental to metal. Because of the difficult nature of this type of fire cleanup, it’s important to seek the advice of a qualified technician to clean electronics after a fire, including computers, DVD players and televisions.
Get your home back to normal as quickly as possible using safe cleanup procedures.